Youth organisations and Erasmus+
Our Erasmus+ Youth Exchanges bring together young people from different countries and provide them with an opportunity to make connections, network, share and exchange knowledge, skills and cultures. In addition, during our youth exchanges we help young people build a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. We use art, theater and non-formal education methods to improve various key competences such as a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression, and many others. Our Catfarm youth exchanges are unique we run as a community and everything is run by and for young people to strengthen their knowledge and giving them more convicence.
There is a story that connect all the activities.
A thematic glues the entire exchange and helps the participants to bond together.
We will decorate the entire farm according to a book or movie. This can range from medieval to futuristic and then we will invite all knights, princesses, heroes and time-travelers to join us and expect all participants to bring a costume according to the theme.
Facilities on the farm
At the Catfarm community we host the Erasmus+ projects for Catfarm Education and the Adventures of the Valparaíso.
- Two participants sleep in three persons tents with thick airbeds
- Sleeping bag required and extra blankets available if cold
- Two outside swimming-pants showers (powered with solar energy)
- One inside normal shower
- Two normal toilets
- One compost toilet
- Small kitchen and a professional kitchen for up to 70 people
- Tipi available
- Shadow above the long stretched tables outside
- Bakery and supermarket nearby
Transportation to the Catfarm
For all partner organisations we require to choose the most green way of getting to the farm.
- Rail/Coach is obligatory for travels not exceeding 1000 km (2nd class only).
- Plane (economical class only) can be an option if the travel exceeds the
distance of 1000 km or 24 hours of total travelling time.
- Use alternatives like Blablacar
Requirements for partner organisations and their participants
- Interested in the off-grid alternative way of living and staying in a tent
- Gender equality, no sexism on the farm
- All participants (inc. youth leader) must bring a costume according to the theme.
- Fair level of English is required for participants, good level for the leaders
- Participants need to be within 18 and 26 years of age
- Inform participants about venue and theme
Please use tags @catfarm.poussan on Facebook and @the.catfarm on instagram.
We are happy to announce you as a partner on Facebook. For this please send us a nice picture with a short text about your organisation 🙂
Infopack becomes available two months before arrival date. We send you this by email together with the participant form.
Testimonial Youth Exchange
“I became more open-minded person. Now I’m not afraid of doing something new. And I understood one really important thing, that I should do everything to implement my dream after all.”
Lauma Lalina’s testimonial
“If you happen to have a chance to go to Catfarm and participate in a project do it! Lots of laughs and late night wolf search, no worries, it’s just a game. You can learn so much and especially things you didn’t think you would!”
“Volunteers were amazing people who tried to help us in every possible way.”
“All the people (in the Catfarm and the participants) were very friendly and open. Everybody was open to help each other.”
Host your Youth Exchange here and use our facilities
If you wish to host your own Youth Exchange on the Catfarm please take a look at the location rental page and get in touch with Ulysses Schuitemaker at Ulysses@adventuresofthevalparaiso.com
Becoming partner for one of our projects
Interested in becoming a partner organisation? Please send us your PIF to firstname.lastname@example.org