for Youth organisations and participants
Our Erasmus+ Youth Exchanges bring together young people from different countries and provide them with an opportunity to make connections, network, share and exchange knowledge, skills and cultures. In addition, during our youth exchanges we help young people build a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. We use art, theater and non-formal education methods to improve various key competencies such as a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression, and many others. Our Catfarm youth exchanges are unique we run as a community and everything is run by and for young people to strengthen their knowledge and give them more confidence.
Note – this page is for Youth organizations. If you’d like to sign up as a participant, click here. (Only for Dutch and French participants atm)
There is a story that connects all the activities.
A thematic acts as a glue for the entire exchange and helps the participants to bond together.
We will decorate the entire farm according to a book or movie. This can range from medieval to futuristic, and then we will invite all knights, princesses, heroes and time-travelers to join us and expect all participants to bring a costume according to the theme.
Facilities on the farm
At the Catfarm community we host the Erasmus+ projects for Catfarm Education and the Adventures of the Valparaíso.
- Two participants sleep in a three-person tent with thick airbeds
- Sleeping bag and pillow required and extra blankets available if cold
- Two outdoor swimming-pants showers (powered with solar energy)
- One indoor, normal shower
- Two normal toilets
- One compost toilet
- Small kitchen and a professional kitchen for up to 70 people
- Tipi available
- Shade above the long stretched tables outside
- Bakery and supermarket nearby
- Excellent 3G coverage on the farm, and wifi available for group leaders.
Transportation to the Catfarm
For all partner organisations, we require you to choose the greenest way of getting to the farm. (Directions can be found HERE.)
- Rail/Coach is obligatory for travel not exceeding 1000 km (2nd class only).
- Plane (economy class only) can be an option if travel exceeds the
distance of 1000 km or 24 hours of total traveling time.
- We accept receipts from alternatives like Blablacar.
Requirements for partner organizations and their participants
- Interested in the off-grid alternative way of living and staying in a tent
- Gender equality; no sexism on the farm
- All participants (inc. youth leader) must bring a costume according to the theme.
- A fair level of English is required for participants, a good level for the leaders. (The main language on the farm for everyone is English)
- Participants need to be between 18-26 years of age
- Inform participants about venue and theme
- Participants can not leave before the end of the exchange
We expect one group leader plus one participant at the APV.
Out of these two, at least one has to be present during the actual YE.
Please use tags @catfarm.poussan on Facebook and @the.catfarm on Instagram.
We are happy to announce you as a partner on Facebook. For this please send us a nice picture with a short text about your organization 🙂
Infopacks will become available two months before the arrival date. We will send you this by email together with the participant form.
Before you get the infopack, you can already start searching for participants after project confirmation.
Testimonial Youth Exchange
“I became more open-minded person. Now I’m not afraid of doing something new. And I understood one really important thing, that I should do everything to implement my dream after all.”
Lauma Lalina’s testimonial
“If you happen to have a chance to go to Catfarm and participate in a project do it! Lots of laughs and late night wolf search, no worries, it’s just a game. You can learn so much and especially things you didn’t think you would!”
“Volunteers were amazing people who tried to help us in every possible way.”
“All the people (in the Catfarm and the participants) were very friendly and open. Everybody was open to help each other.”
Host your Youth Exchange here and use our facilities
If you wish to host your own Youth Exchange on the Catfarm please take a look at the location rental page and get in touch with Ulysses Schuitemaker at Ulysses@adventuresofthevalparaiso.com
Becoming a partner for one of our projects
Interested in becoming a partner organization? Please send us your PIF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you Dutch or French? In this case you can sign up as a participant directly. Please sign up using this form.